It's Christmas - time to reflect on what happened in the past year and to think about what will shape the next.
Have you noticed that Internet Governance is a bit like Christmas?
1. You're basically really happy that you're involved, but it can be stressful.
2. The multistakeholder structure (the family) sometimes makes the whole affair really overwhelming.
3. There's always one representative (one familiy member) who'll carry on much too long in workshops (at the Christmas table).
4. After IGFs (after Christmas dinners) you feel like you've heard too much to think clearly (eaten too much to get up).
5. You never actually do know which principles will shape Internet Governance (which presents you will get).
It is in this spirit that I wish you Happy Internet Governance 2011 and, of course, Merry Christmas!